Send Marketing Emails
A Digital Cookie site isn't any good without customers! Girl Scouts who send marketing emails see more success in their sales.
Need help with your Girl Scout's customer list and sending marketing emails? Check out this tip sheet!
If your Girl Scout is 13 or older, she will set up her own Digital Cookie site under her separate login. This means she has full control over her customer list. Therefore, as her parent, you will be unable to add/import/edit/delete customers and send marketing emails. Your Girl Scout will need to log into her own account to add/import/edit/delete customers and send marketing emails.
Wondering what happens after your Girl Scout sends marketing emails?
- To see what a customer with a shipped order would see, check out this tip sheet! To see what a customer with an In-Person delivery order would see, check out this tip sheet!
Some councils offer rewards to Girl Scouts who send marketing emails to a minimum number of unique customers. Note that this will not be the total amount of emails she has sent, but the number of unique customers she has emailed. This means that if she sends an "Open for business!" email, a "There's still time to order cookies!" email, and a "Thanks for your support!" email to the same customer, it will only count once.
In order to successfully send a marketing email:
- Your Girl Scout's site must be published
- It must be within the time frame of your local council's Digital Cookie sale
- You must be a Girl Scout 13 and older, or a parent helping a Girl Scout 12 and younger
- You must have selected at least one customer
- At least one customer selected must have a valid email address
- You must click the Send Marketing Email button
The sample "Open for Business!" email located on the CUSTOMERS tab is just an example of the marketing email that would be sent. Don't worry, the actual marketing email sent will use your Girl Scout's name, local council's name, and local council's Digital Cookie season end date.